Want to Volunteer?
Volunteers should have a genuine love for youth that are high energy.
The opportunities for volunteering are varied- please call for current list in the areas of food preparation, cleaning, mentoring, security for concerts, skate park, gaming, IT, special building projects and fundraising.
- Like to clean, bake or shop for food bargains? The Cafe is for you. We are always looking for help in keeping the cafe in working condition and procuring food staples to use each day.
- Have musical or artistic ability? Know how to fix a bike or garden? Have a skill that you can teach? We need Hobby Enthusiasts to teach different classes and clinics throughout the year.
- Can you drive and pass a background check? Drivers. A lot of kids are limited in their access to Joel’s Place because they can’t find a ride home. You could help fix that.
- Are you big and burly? Or at least able to tell someone to stop or calm down? Our Security Team may be right for you. Help ensure that Joel’s Place is a safe place during big events.
- Do you have a love of order and cleanliness? Does clutter removal bring joy to your heart? If so then please visit us and help us keep the facility clean in the daily wake of dozens of young people. We have projects for individuals and groups who want to help.
- Do you love to inspire 5-12 year olds with your passion for literature? Drama, intrigue or comedy are the passion of Joyous Readers who come after school once a week.
- How about games? Video games, tournaments, basketball, or volley ball games on a summer afternoon are organized by Play Coaches.
Please consider sharing your time and talents with Joel’s Place or Raw Joy.
Contact Linda at 452-2621 to fill out application and schedule an interview.